Thursday, December 29, 2011

Number 3: Ornaments

Well, this is a little late for Christmas but here is what I made my 1st Graders for their little Christmas present this year.  I wanted something simple and cute for their tree.  This is what I came up with...

 
  What you'll need: 
  • Cardboard
  • Letter die cuts (or cut your own letters/shapes)
  • Hot glue and hot glue gun
  • String or cord
  • Glitter
  • Date stamp

 
Step 1: I used the Ellison Die Cutter to cut out the first initial of each of their first names.  I cut them out of a light weight cardboard that I had in my classroom.


Step 2: When I had finished cutting out all 20 letters I decided to use the date stamp in my classroom to stamp Christmas of this year on each of the ornaments.  Just a little way to document.


Step 3: Next I attached a piece of green cord so it can be hung from a tree.


Step 4: Then I put a bead of hot glue down the front side and sprinkled red glitter on it right away so it would stick.  You may need to press it in the glitter on the plate if you want more to stick.


Step 5: It's ready to hang on the tree and enjoy:)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. miles loves his...thank you! that was so thoughtful of you to make ornaments for all the kids!

    ReplyDelete